Nature’s Tonic Pilot Project (Stage 2)
Are you passionate about North Devon’s nature, coast and countryside and could help more adults to get outdoors to enjoy it and connect with nature? The Covid-19 pandemic has affected people’s confidence to both get outdoors and to attend indoor social and community events. This project is piloting a new approach to provide support and training to community and voluntary organisations delivering social and support services. The training will help them to deliver more of their services outdoors, using publicly accessible green and blue places and spaces. Focussed on the Barnstaple, Braunton and Ilfracombe areas, this pilot project will matchmake local groups with the green and blue spaces around them for low impact activities for their mental and physical wellbeing.
1. Audit 18 green/blue spaces across North Devon in terms of physical access, facilities, services, opportunities and risks for use by community groups and organisations
2. Engage with relevant landowners/owners regarding permissions/opportunities
3. Produce downloadable audit reports
1. Provide training to staff and volunteers in community groups and organisations to deliver outdoor activities using green and blue spaces across North Devon
2. Recruit and train volunteers to support ‘connecting with nature’ walks
3. Recruit and train ‘Nature’s Tonic buddies’ to support isolated individuals in Braunton to get outdoors and connect with nature
4. Project coordination and liaison with partners, maintain monitoring records.
This is a partnership project between North Devon Coast AONB, North Devon Voluntary Services, the North Devon Biosphere Reserve and the National Trust. Both contracts will be supported by staff and resources from all partners and will be externally evaluated. Tenders are invited for one or both contracts.
Further details: www.northdevon-aonb.org.uk/our-work/projects/natures-tonic
Closing Date: Monday 21st December 2020 at Midday
For an informal discussion: Jenny Carey-Wood, AONB Manager 01271 388758
Partners and Funders